- Laos, officially the Lao People’s Democratic Republic, commonly referred to by its colloquial name of Muang Lao, is a landlocked country in the heart of the Indochinese peninsula of Mainland Southeast Asia.
- Laos is a member of the Asia-Pacific Trade Agreement (APTA), Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), East Asia Summit, La Francophonie and the World Trade Organisation (WTO).
- In The Economist’s Democracy Index 2016 Laos was classified as an “authoritarian regime”, ranking lowest of the nine ASEAN nations included in the study.
- Laos has ongoing problems with the business environment, including onerous registration requirements, a gap between legislation and implementation, and unclear or conflicting regulations.
- Laos is in the process of implementing a value-added tax system. The government appears committed to raising the country’s profile among foreign investors and has developed special economic zones replete with generous tax incentives, but a limited labour pool, a small domestic market, and corruption remain impediments to investment.
- Laos has been referred to as one of East Asia and Pacific’s fastest growing economies by the World Bank, with annual GDP growth averaging 7% for the past decade.
- The Lao economy depends heavily on investment and trade with its neighbours, Thailand, Vietnam, and, especially in the north, China.
- Economic growth averaged more than 6% per year in the period 1988-2008, and Laos’ growth has more recently been amongst the fastest in Asia, averaging nearly 8% per year for most of the last decade. However, growth has declined over the past year and is expected to be about 6.8% in 2017, according to the IMF.
- Laos remains a country with an underdeveloped infrastructure, particularly in rural areas. It has a basic, but improving, road system, and limited external and internal land-line telecommunications.
- The country has faced a persistent current account deficit, falling foreign currency reserves, and growing public debt, as slow recovery of the global economy, especially that of China, has driven down the prices of its mineral exports
- Population: 7.1 million
- Capital: Vientiane
- Largest city: Vientiane
- Area: 236,800 sq km
- Major language: Lao (official), French, English, various ethnic languages
- Major religion: Buddhist 64.7%, Christian 1.7%, none 31.4%
- Life expectancy: 62.6 years (Male), 66.7 years (Female)
- Monetary unit: 1 Kip (LAK) = 100 Ats
- Main exports: Wood products, coffee, electricity, tin, copper, gold, cassava
- GNI per Capita: $5,930
Our Market Research Services in Laos:
- Market Research Fieldwork in Laos
- Qualitative Research in Laos
- Quantitative Research in Laos
- Aerospace Market Research in Laos
- Automotive Market Research in Laos
- Life science Market Research in Laos
- Chemical Market Research in Laos
- Construction Market Research in Laos
- Consumer Goods Market Research in Laos
- Education Market Research in Laos
- Energy and Power Market Research in Laos
- Engineering Market Research in Laos
- Financial Market Research in Laos
- Food and Beverage Market Research in Laos
- Healthcare Market Research in Laos
- Hospital Market Research in Laos
- Hospitality Market Research in Laos
- Entertainment Market Research in Laos
- Medical Devices Market Research in Laos
- Metals and Mining Market Research in Laos
- Oil and Gas Market Research in Laos
- Pharmaceutical Market Research in Laos
- Retail Market Research in Laos
- Telecommunication Market Research in Laos
- Transportation Market Research in Laos
- Travel and Tourism Market Research in Laos
We Employ A Wide Range of Research Techniques in Laos:
- Advertising Research in Laos
- Brand Research in Laos
- B2B Research in Laos
- Concept Testing in Laos
- Consumer Research in Laos
- Customer Satisfaction Research in Laos
- Entertainment Research in Laos
- Ethnographic Research in Laos
- Eye Tracking and Facial Coding in Laos
- Focus Groups in Laos
- Sensory Research in Laos
- Healthcare Research in Laos
- Industrial Research in Laos
- Lifestyle Research in Laos
- Media Communication Research in Laos
- Mystery Shopping in Laos
- One-on-One Research in Laos
- Package Research in Laos
- Secondary Research in Laos
- Sensory Research in Laos
- Usability Testing in Laos
We help our clients to achieve business success by enabling access to our research products and services including market research, competitive intelligence, market intelligence, and consultancy that provides businesses with reliable evidence as a solid base for making decision.
To be internationally recognized as an affordable, transparent, competitive and comprehensive quality market research, competitive intelligence and consultancy service provider that enables our clients to make strategic business decision by foreseeing their target market movements and customer changing requirements and behavior.
The following values are associated with our organization vision and mission;
- Employees comes first
- Respect and professionalism
- Integrity and ethical practices
- Excellence and innovation